Wednesday, November 05, 2008

finally some good news!

Val went to the doctor today for the third time this week. I have now developed quite a friendship with the receptionist. I digress... The doctor reopened the wound and found no infection, which is reason for no small celebration! Val still has to stay on the antibiotics until they're gone, which will be sometime this weekend for one and early next week for the other.
-
Dad was up and around today. I think he set a new record for the hallway sprint. Not really. But he did walk to the bathroom twice I guess during the day. We weren't able to spend much time there this afternoon, as we had Val's appointment at 3:20 and I needed to prepare for youth tonight. But Mom stayed there most of the evening.
-
I deserve an award of some sort. Val and Aubrey rode with me on my second bus run today, as Val needed to be dropped off at her appointment. I had to reroute my run to get her there on time. It ended up that I dropped her off with most of my kids still on the bus. A hungry Aubrey stayed with me. So, I did what any good multitasking father would do. I fed her her bottle. While driving. A manual-transmission van. In traffic. In the rain. In Cayman with the horrendous drivers who live and unfortunately drive here. I was hoping she would not gag, need to burp, spit up, etc. But, like the good trooper I have trained her to be, she persevered. Drank the whole bottle. A heavy drinker. I like that in a girl.

Well, it's off to see the wizard. Farewell.

7 comments:

Constance said...

Well, very proud of you Adam. Congratulations! :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Train up the child in the way she should go, right?! Thanks for sharing your excitement in the various blessings of today. Like those Cayman drivers... :)

Blair Bunch said...

You're funny! Please be careful with that baby! LOL! Glad to hear everyone is doing a bit better! You are in my prayers!

Rob and Deanna said...

I have enjoyed keeping up with your blog. In case you don't know who I am, I was good friends with Stephanie in college. I am just a little confused I can't always tell when you are in Cayman or in the US. You have a picture of Aubrey at you father's beside, but I figured they were in the US. ??? :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow Adam! I´m impressed! I just have one question. .. what did her mother say when she found out about it? I´m glad you all survived! I hope things continue to get better and hopefully be back to normal soon.

Anonymous said...

Good man-father! Must have been because we grew up together! Grin! Jason

Anonymous said...

I am impressed, Adam! Keep up the good work!