Friday, October 05, 2007

Turtle...

I, Valerie, officially feel like I am living on a mission field. Last night, we set out for our weekly supper out with some of the other staff. We went to Champion House II (the best restaurant as far as taste goes on the island). I ordered my typical American meal, chicken and fries. Adam ordered turtle steak. I was finished with my meal and he then encouraged me to try some of his turtle. It took some time, but I ended up eating turtle! It was a small bite, but there was definitely enough for a taste. The flavor was good - not sure what it was, but it was covered with a sauce and other veggies. The texture was a little tough and much like a steak! Hopefully next time he won't order a whole fish and have me try the eyeball...:( I think the sight of that would make me throw-up....

5 comments:

Greg & Stephanie said...

That's disgusting! Well, I guess it's not much better here...we're having a hog roast at the campout this weekend, and they left the head on the hog. Someone actually claimed the brains. I think I'll bring my own bacon!

Rowen said...

We're proud of you Val! Keep pushing your culinary limits!

Beth Stetler said...

I would say that definitely qualifies as a missionary experience!

Anonymous said...

That is really nasty, Val. You are a lot braver than I would be!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I'm proud of you!! Love ya!
Maria