Monday, January 23, 2012

Seems odd for me to be blogging when I don't have any pictures to share, as that's usually what my posts are. You see, I have a couple of problems...our camera has decided it doesn't want to be part of the family anymore. I had an older camera that I had been hanging on to, and we used that one at Christmas time only to come out with a bunch of blurry pictures. It takes great ones outside, just not inside.

Annie girl turns 1 on Wednesday. I can't believe how quickly life just blows by. I'm so thankful for her little life and for how God has blessed her. This past week has been a bit troublesome for her. A couple of weeks ago I took her to the doctor, suspecting an ear infection. Turns out, her right ear was infected. They put her on an antibiotic which was a 10 day one, hoping that would kick it. We were 3 days into the antibiotic when things started happening with her digestive tract. It was not a fun day and left her diaper area very raw. I stopped giving that medicine and called the doctor again. She switched her to another medicine which we were able to finish with no complications. In the meantime, she was still digging at her ears - both of them. This past Thursday night we went to bed like normal. I was awakened to her crying at around 3am. She usually sleeps through the night but this does happen some, so I wasn't worried about anything. I opened the door to find her puking. This is a first for my baby. She's teething like crazy and is congested, had no diarrhea or fever, so I confused. I thought maybe it was the congestion and teething combined that caused it. I "slept" with her in the guest room the rest of that night and there were no more episodes. We had a normal day on Thursday, so I was thinking it must have been a fluke. The puke, that is! Anyway, Friday night, Adam had scheduled a "stay-awake-a-thon" for the youth. A "SAAT" is a fundraiser where your teens find people to sponsor them any amount of money per hour to stay awake. Seems silly, but this is a really easy to make some money for your youth group. I knew I wasn't going to spend the night there with having the girls, so around 10 pm Adam brought us home and helped get the kiddos in bed. Once again around 3 am, I heard Annie crying again. I jumped up and got in there to find her in a lot of the same situation as the night before, only much less. Needless to say, I was one tired momma when Saturday rolled around. She started in with diarrhea on Saturday morning and vomited once more. So, I called the doctor thinking I could leave a message for the on-call doctor, not realizing they were open. When I heard their options that included "speak to a nurse," I was very happy. She suggested we bring her in, because of all of the variables. We went only to find that both of her ears were infected. Thankfully, her chest was clear. So, we left there with yet another antibiotic. She seems to be feeling quite a bit better last night and today, for which we are very grateful. This week still has a lot planned, including seeing "daddy" off to Idaho/Kansas on yet another PR trip. These are the times that I'm especially thankful I live so close to my parents. I plan to go spend the weekend with them.

If you are still reading my rambles, thanks for stopping by. Hopefully next time I will have some pictures to post. Even if they are a little blurry, I have to have pictures of my baby's 1st birthday. :)

Happy Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope everyone is doing better, it is not a good time with sick little ones and they can't tell you what is wrong, take care, love aunt donna