Sunday, February 08, 2009

change...

I inherited several traits from my father. One of these traits was the desire to collect change. I am unable to walk past a fallen coin. It doesn't matter if it's a penny, I will stoop down and pick it up. I love change. I recently began selling candy out of my classroom, as the school quit selling it from the cafeteria, and I've been putting the change from sales in a jar. Anyways, the jar was filling up, probably about 80% full, so I decided to see if Dad would want to buy the change from me to put in his 5-gallon collection jug. He did, and he also volunteered to help count the change. When he got over to our apartment, he verbally regretted his volunteering. But it was fun, and his 5-gallon jug has benefited.
Said jar.
The spread.
Quarters... $224 of them, I believe.
An aerial view.
Today for lunch we had Jarrett over. Val made some chicken/rice/vegetables/lemon juice/asiago cheese/something or other dish (REALLY good!) and then we had corn and rolls and an awesome dessert!!!! It's sorta like busterbars from DQ but in a 9x13 dish... phenomenal! Jarrett is one of Aubrey's good friends. He's in highschool, comes to youth, helps out in youth services in church, sings in our ensemble Sunday mornings, etc. He's also a good friend of mine.


3 comments:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Wow! Way to go with the change! I too am a change "freak". Greg isn't, which works out pretty nice for me, cause I collect all of his! We are doing the BLESS banks at school, so I'm parting with much of my change for the good of some new little readers in third world countries.

Anonymous said...

CHANGE! That may be all we have left after 4 years of change in the USA!!! Grin! Jason

Anonymous said...

Aww...it's Jarret! Tell him I said hi! And what an adorable picture of Aubrey - she's a cutie!