Sunday, February 15, 2009

a very special day!

I hope that you all had a very Happy Valentines Day. I did. It was special also in that it was my birthday. It was an incredible day! To start the day, Adam got up with Aubrey which allowed me to sleep in a bit. After getting up around 10, we got ready to go out for lunch. We went to "Treats" ~ a place that has limited hours that we've been wanting to try. After we left there we went to Caymana Bay ~ a new shopping community not to far from our house. It's quite a pricey shopping community, but we had been wanting to go there and walk around. We also knew that Aubrey would love to ride around in her stroller...she loves the outdoors! There's a really nice book store there which we looked in for a while and at the back of the book store is Cafe del Sol. We decided to stop in there for a caramel frappe. It was very good! For their customers they provided a separate area which had very comfy couches where you could just relax if you wanted to instead of sitting out in the cafe area. We enjoyed the quiet for a little while then headed back home. Adam had a surprise for me that afternoon...so, after a little while we hit the road again...without Aubrey. He had made arrangements for her to stay with her grandpa and grandma while he took me to my surprise. We finally stopped at Body Works. He had made a 3:00 appointment for an hour massage!!! I was a bit nervous at first because I've never had a professional massage...but it was WONDERFUL! I'd go back any day of the week! So relaxing. It was so quiet and calm in there...the workers even whispered to each other in the lobby area where you sign in. Guess that atmosphere is pretty important! With teaching 4 year olds and having a 4 month old at home I don't get that "quiet" that I had there for that time period. It was very nice. On our way back home we stopped by "Picture This" and ordered Aubrey's pictures and then went to the grocery store. Later that evening we went up to the road to another restaurant we'd been wanting to try ~ Alfresco's. We had eaten their food on Friday night at our Youth Banquet, but wanted to go back and try various things on their menu. We were going to eat outside by the ocean, but the sun was down and there were too many mosquitos. We sat out there for a little bit but then decided to go inside for dinner. I had a chicken quesadilla and Adam had Grouper. For dessert, we shared a piece of key lime pie. It was amazing! Aubrey even got to enjoy a little bit of the cool whip! Thanks, Adam for making this the best and most relaxing birthday of my life!!! Love you so much!

Here we are by the ocean...the sun had just set.
A dozen roses were on my kitchen table when I got up Saturday morning!

My parents (through Adam) got me gift certificates to "Perk Up" ~ a coffee shop. YUM!

Here we are at Caymana Bay just before we left.

Aubrey had enough excitement for the day!

5 comments:

Regi said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I know what you mean about the massage seeming kinda awkward at first, but after a couple minutes you forget about that all. It is so relaxing.

Anonymous said...

So glad that your birthday/Valentines day was so awesome. Adam had to do double duty with 2 kinds of celebrations going on there! Enjoyed reading the journal of your 25th birthday!
Hope you have a wonderful next 25!
Love,
Mom

Tamra said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Greg & Stephanie said...

So glad you had a wonderful day! I hope you received my email...I didn't send anything out because I thought you guys were coming home this week. I can't seem to keep this month straight! We'll have another little "party" when ya come home, although it won't compete with Adam's, I'm sure!
I cannot believe how big Aubrey is getting! In the first pic she looks like she has an inflatable around her tummy! :) Can't wait to see you guys!
Love ~ Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday/Valentine's. Love you, friend!