Monday, February 23, 2009

Adam's birthday week!

Each day of Adam's birthday week I wanted to do something special for him. It worked out great until Thursday...what a BUSY day! Oh well...

On Monday, I decided to surprise him with a picnic supper at the beach around sunset. It was a surprise until I asked him to grab the wet wipes from our bedroom so I could change Aubrey's diaper. All of a sudden I heard, "Oh Val, I'm not supposed to go in there." I was sooo happy he remembered because the picnic basket was on our bed. I told him that he for sure would have known if he wouldn't have remembered he wasn't supposed to be in there. His reply, "Is it a picnic?" Grrr... He'd gone in just far enough and when he saw the basket it reminded him he wasn't supposed to be in there! Even though it wasn't a surprise it was still a nice evening. Ron and Becky kept Aubrey for me, so that was nice. It's amazing what 30 minutes away can do for ya. Really. We left, went down to West Bay Beach, ate chicken wraps and some other stuff, went for a short walk and headed back home. 30 minutes was all it took! What a fun, relaxing time.
With the amazing Caribbean Sea in the background.
What a FUN time!


1 comment:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Wow! I admire your creativity! :)
Greg promised me that if I bought him a certain gun that it would compensate for all holiday & birthday gifts for the rest of the year...sounded easy to me...the gun has been ordered! Ha!