Wednesday, January 28, 2009

usps... Unable to Speedily Present your Stuff?

I received in the mail today this thank-you card from my cousin and his wife. They mailed it on October 6, 2008. I got it today, January 28, 2009. Yes, we live outside the U.S., but normally it takes only about a week or two to receive letters from the States. Then I noticed the nice ink-stamp on the front of the envelope. Somehow, this letter was sent to Singapore. This struck me as being odd. What did they see in the address that led them to ship this letter to Singapore? But what really bothered me was my next realization. Why do they accidentally send stuff to Singapore often enough to warrant creating a stamp that says "Missent to Singapore"?!? Your tax dollars at work, good friends. Rest easy.

4 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

That's funny!

Anonymous said...

Obama will fix it!!!! Jason

Blair Bunch said...

Maybe they stamp it with the Singapore stamp when something gets left on the floor under the table for 3 months???

Anonymous said...

> to warrant creating a stamp that says "Missent to Singapore"?!?

LOL, did it not enter your mind that the stamp was probably put there by the Singapore Post Office?

> Your tax dollars at work

The USPS doesn't get any tax dollars, moron.