Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Growing like a weed!

Aubrey decided to try something new this afternoon. She rolled over from her back to her tummy! ...and the nurse just asked today if she was rolling over...*sigh*

This was Aubrey's second time having cereal. She was a bit tired, as you can well see!!
(the pics uploaded backwards...)
Aubrey absolutely goes crazy whenever we are eating trying to get to our food. She loves to drink from my cup of water when I have some. So, I decided it was time to start her on cereal. It was SO cute - I was fixing her food for her and it was like she just knew that I was making something for HER. Adam was holding her and walking around and she would turn her head so far just to try to see what I was doing. When it was ready, we put her in her Bumbo seat and I sat down in front of her with her little bowl and spoon. Her whole little body was tense and every time I would put the spoon to her mouth, she would dive for it! So fun!!
Lovin' life!
Reaching for Daddy's beard.

Today, Aubrey went for her 4 month check-up. She is healthy and growing so fast. She weighed in at 19 pounds 14 ounces and 27.5 inches long. CRAZY! Today was also immunization day. I was so surprised...she didn't even cry! What a little trooper. I always dread "shot day" and usually make Adam stand by the table with her so I don't have to watch. Well, today I decided to just stay right there with her too and held her hands and talked to her in a really happy voice the whole time! She even smiled through the first shot. The doctor told us that the second shot usually hurts more than the first one and she did start to whimper, but that whimper quickly turned to a smile with more prodding from mommy. She is such a happy little girl and we are certainly blessed to be her parents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big!! But she is still very cute! I could just squeeze her!!! I miss you guys!!
love,
Michelle Gibson

Andrea said...

What an absolute doll!

Tim&Ette said...

Aubrey is getting so big so fast, she looks so cute on the pictures where she is in her car sit!.