Monday, June 11, 2007

Camp Roberts

Today was our first day at Camp! This week we are working with Inner City kids ages 6-8. We have about 30 coming each day. Next week will be 3rd through 5th graders, and the following week will be 6th through 8th graders. There will be a week off after that, then the cycle will start again.

Today went well - the kids were pretty crazy at times, but this being the first day I guess that was to be expected. I'm in charge of the Bible Review this month, so I run that "station" three times in the afternoon. The kids respond to threats of taking away pool time more than any kids I've seen respond to any kind of threat. They love the pool! Damion, the bold print name in my group, ended up missing 20 minutes of pool time today. We'll see how he does the rest of the week.

I'll try to post some pictures of the Camp at some point in time.

I'm relatively tired, so I am off to catch some sleep before day 2 begins. Whee!

No comments: