Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bittersweet day...


My best friend Maria called me last night and asked if she could take me out for lunch today. She went on to tell me that today was the last time we would see each other until Christmas. She is leaving for Guatemala on a missions trip next week and will be gone until August 10. We leave for Grand Cayman on August 6. I was so glad that I don't work on Wednesday's, and we were able to get together. We had lunch at Fazoli's, went to the mall, Payless =), and Wal-Mart. Yes, there is a story behind Maria's picture at Payless. I will save her the embarrassment!!! Thanks, Maria, for a fun time. I will miss you, but we'll stay in touch. Love ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had fun today too, even though I made "fool" out of myself. Oh well, we created some funny memories. That is what counts!
I hope things go well for you next week. I'll be praying for you guys. Keep in touch throughout the summer while I am away... it sure is nice to hear from home on those "homesickness" days. Love ya!

Greg & Stephanie said...

I know the whole story, Maria!