Thursday, June 07, 2007

Another successful game!

Last week's game saw me at my 10-years-ago-regular position of third base. Aside from two groundballs in the first inning, it was an uneventful evening at the hot corner. At the time of arrival of the first grounder, I was till somewhat dazed at the weather (or something) and failed to make a play on it, or at least much of a play on it. The second one was a stung one-hopper that somehow found my glove and I fielded it and threw the batter out without too much strain. We won the game, but lost this week's so our record is currently 2-2. This week Zoob (the other pitcher) and I planned to alternate innings and this worked well through 3 innings. But then the other team decided to pull out some rule about only being able to sub in and out so many times in the pitcher slot. So, I had to sit the rest of the game. We ended up losing 13-9. Perhaps this was due partly to my absence from the lineup, but methinks it was mostly because of our horrendous defense (infield in the 6th inning) and our lack of hitting. As a side note, I had two strikeouts while pitching the two innings I pitched. One was swinging and the other looking. The looking one came on a full count and I relied on the old knuckler. It was great. I really would've enjoyed beating the other team, as they were rather cocky. But alas, I could only watch and heckle from the bench. I don't like the umpire either. She (yes, she!) seems to have a large moving strike zone along with her largely-moving foul lines.

No comments: