Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New Windows

There was a US sale on windows here a couple of weeks ago. It's called a US sale because the prices stay the same, but instead of having CI value they have US value, which decreases the amount you have to pay by about 20%. The windows were purchased for the building in which we live. Steve Craig is putting the windows in and has installed several in our house already. You have to keep a really close watch, because when the old windows are out, it is easy access for lizards to come in. He replaced the bathroom window (pictured below) first and then moved on to our bedroom windows (what he was working on in the picture above and directly below). Two lizards made their way into our bathroom sometime during the time he was replacing that window. We found one right off and killed it (with some help of Scott, Ryan and Ronna) but the other one ran under the vanity, so we couldn't find it. Adam got up around 5 in the morning and went into the bathroom. He thought about the missing lizard so he decided to look around for a bit to see if it had made it's way out during the night. Sure enough, it was in our drain cover in the bathtub. Adam quickly got the clorox spray and began soaking the thing. He finally got it to where it wasn't moving at all, so he decided to clean it up and throw it outside later in the morning. When we got up it was still in the same place where it had rested since 5:00 - in the corner on top of the bathtub. Adam got the dustpan and when he went for it, it started moving again. Really weird. Anyway, the thing ended up dropping back into the tub but then it couldn't get back out. It was trying and trying to run up the side, but it couldn't and usually they would be able too. Anyway, Adam ended up hitting it with a broom and killed it for good.

Adam = supervisor :)

A brand new bathroom window! Our old windows had the cranks on the bottom sides of the windows and that is where lizards would like to lay their eggs. I think there were 3 lizard eggs in the crank off of the bathroom window. Glad we were able to kill them before they hatched!

8 comments:

DEN said...

Hey Adam and Val. Thanks for all the pictures. We're enjoying keeping up to date with you guys.
Love you and miss you!
Eric

DEN said...

Hey Adam and Val. Thanks for all the pictures. We're enjoying keeping up to date with you guys.
Love you and miss you!
Eric

Jana said...

Hey--Thanks for signing my blog. I enjoy reading yours and seeing what is going on on your side of the world. I walked into a restaurant Tuesday and there was Bobby Thompson (I'm assuming you know him, he lives on the island as well), that was quite a surprise!! :-)

Jody J said...

It was great to find your blog. I found it via Karen Walden's comments. I knew you were in Cayman Islands through Stephanie's blog, but didn't know what you were doing there. It's great to find out! Looks like a beautiful place.
What would we do without blogs now?
(In case you don't know who I am, I'm married to Travis Johnson.)

Unknown said...

I sure would not like those things living in my house! Hope your not scared of them...I would rather have them than a mouse. I'm cringing just writing about them. :(

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey! It's great to catch up with you - everyone keeps saying, "Talk to Valerie lately?" I want to say, "Yeah, my cell phone bill is now like $4,000 a month..." I guess that is Greg's sarcasm coming out in me! People don't realize we really can't talk much anymore! Anyway, the internet is a great tool, and I'm thankful for it! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

It's nice that webcams are free to use - it's been nice keeping up with Mom and Dad and the Baileys that way. You're right - technology sure beats big phone bills!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I am so sorry Val that you have to put up with those things. I was at Ault park the other day and saw a few of them running around and thought of you. It really annoyed me to see them and I was outside... I can't imagine having them in my house. And we thought centipedes were bad??
Hope things are going well. Have a great week. Thanks for the pics and updates. Love you guys!
Maria