Saturday, May 12, 2007

Tonight I ventured into a first-time experience. It was one of those things that I had been talking about doing for a long time but also one of those things that you just never get around to doing. As I mentioned to my brother-in-law, it seems like these types of things only get done on whims, with no planning. Anyways, with his help and expertise (he once painted his car), we got my rusting running boards off of my Explorer (named Meriwether, by the way), grinded and sanded the rust out, primed them, then repainted them. Monday will see them returned to their prominent position flanking Meriwether.

Mucho thankso to Grego for his helpo.


I also made a rather profound connection
tonight. I realized that running boards are a lot like love handles. They both really add to and dress up their objects. That's really something, huh?

No comments: