Sunday, May 06, 2007

As you know, our basement flooded a little over a week ago. Here is a picture of our living room that evening, after the boxes of books had been carried to higher ground. The floor eventually looked about twice this full of books, pages flapping wildly in the wind, musty scents wafting across our nostrils. And yes I meant "across" and not "into." I like the mental picture of "across."

The books are pretty much completely dry by now, but we have yet to purchase new boxes to hold them. I also need to purchase some shelving to the basement, so that should the floods come again the books can be elevated enough to avoid contact.

The Reds lost again...


1 comment:

Greg & Stephanie said...

My sister told me that the smell was worse than that...anyway, hope things get back in order soon. By the way, no more boxes for books! Plastic tubs!