Thursday, May 24, 2007

Today was definitely a day of mixed emotions for us at PCS. Today was our last day of school. We started the day off with graduation practice for the graduation which will take place tomorrow night. This morning before we started, I walked over to the bathroom where I heard running water only to find one of our students, Jessica, filling water balloons. I asked her if they were for one of the other teachers, or for herself. To both questions she answered no. She said I wasn't supposed to know anything about it, so I left her to her business. I knew we had it coming to us! After we finished eating pizza at a local park, the students all rushed over to a couple of vehicles. I thought we were toast. It ended up that before the water balloons, they decided to present me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and my husband seven boxes of dots and a "Cat In The Hat" book (long story). They also gave us a scrapbook with many memories from this past year as well as the frame that you can see above with their pictures and notes to us. Many tears were cried.
Thanks guys for the gifts and for an awesome first year! You are our first class and we will never forget you. We love you!

No comments: