Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

OK...here's the story. I used to have so much fun when I would go to my Aunt Sarah's house and she would let us play Mario on her Nintendo. There was nothing fancy about that system, just lots of fun! Anyway, over the last little while, I had been telling Adam (when he and others would talk about various games and systems) that I just want to play Mario...nothing fancy, just Mario. So, what did he do? He got me a Nintendo DS lite with Mario as well as Mario cart. How fun!!! So, while it was charging in the kitchen, I decided to sit on the floor and enjoy it for a while!

Adam and I seem to have started our own little family tradition. We are just like little kids when it comes to Christmas presents. We love to get things for each other and then open them immediately! He went shopping for me yesterday morning, came back to mom and dad's house (where Aubrey and I were) and wrapped them. He instantly wanted me to open them, but I held off until I had time to get what I was planning to get for him. He took me to the mall and let me run in while he sat in the car with Aubrey. I came out with the package, we drove home, I went in and wrapped it and then we sat on the floor across from each other and opened our presents. I didn't get a picture of Adam with his...I was playing my DS! I got him a black pin-stripe suit. He very much needed one as the one that he has is from his first year of college...8 years ago.
I snapped this pic tonight when we got back to mom and dad's after church tonight. She was zonked!
I had a dentist appointment today, so mom kept Aubrey while we ran down to Wapak for the appt. She was such a good girl for mammaw.

5 comments:

Blair Bunch said...

SHE is a doll! Ray and I have a similar christmas theme! (Don't you just love being the ones that make the rules) We always open presents on the eve of christmas eve.(We call it christmas eve-eve) I always get so excited about the presents I just can't wait!

Tamra said...

I see you got a nice red DS. How fun! I remember playing Mario when I was younger. We've got Bryson the blue DS Lite for Christmas. He's gonna be so surprised! Can't wait to give it to him!

Unknown said...

Arilynn has that same pink striped hat! :)

Regi said...

That is hilarious! While in Hawaii I talked Jay into letting me purchase a Nintendo DS for our plane ride back home. I chose a pink one which he graciously allowed me to get and what was the only game we purchased? You got it! Mario!!!! I am glad that I am not the only one

tacomom said...

Blog hopped here from Greg and Stephanie's blog. My husband grew up with the Burleys. Anyway, I had to laugh when I saw you with the DS. Last fall I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant for baby #4 (at age 37). I was very sick so since we didn't get to go away as planned for our 15th anniversary (we were scheduled to take the honeymoon that we never had) dh took some of the money and bought me a DS - because I wanted to play Mario! lol! My kids are not allowed to touch it!