Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The latest happenings...


Here are a couple of views of my bump as of late! She's growing by the day and it is showing. I went to the doctor yesterday for the first time since we've been back on the island (I had an earlier appt., but he ended up being away). He said that everything is looking good and that her head is down - "way down!" I was excited to hear that because at my last appointment back home she was still breech. I'm not getting anxious for anything to happen too soon though...she's still got some developing to do in these last few weeks. 4 weeks from today is my due date...WOW! She's incredibly active and her movements are not too comfortable for me anymore. I really like it when she's sleeping! But, of course, who doesn't like a sleeping baby?!


We got our crib last Saturday! I found a very nice used one for a reasonable price (especially for down here!). So, we were very thankful for that. Amy came over and helped me clean it. Thanks, Amy! We aren't going to put it together until we get her room painted though...which hopefully will be a week from Saturday.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's coming soon! It is an indescribable feeling!

Saw your swollen feet...mine got extremely bad!!!

Katie and the boys said...

Swollen feet are miserable!!!!! Is that the only painful thing?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating your blog...I get bored with stale blogs...that is why I don't have on:) You and baby are growing! Loved all the pictures and it brought back lots of memories of the summer. Praying that the storm will bypass you all!
Love you!
Mom

Blair Bunch said...

You look SO Cute!!!

Hannah said...

Baby is definitely growing!! Its so exciting! Being a mommy is wonderful.

The swollen feet are miserable. Mine were pretty bad at the end. No fun!

Anonymous said...

Val,
Wow you've grown! Not too much longer! You look great girlie. Call me when P is here!
Sarah Ann

Constance said...

I enjoyed all of the pics. You look great. I am glad that you guys made it back safely.

Beth Stetler said...

I hope y'all made it through Gustav ok.

Andrea said...

It's almost time...countdown! I hope your feet feel better soon!