Sunday, March 02, 2008

BBQ Pork Ribs

Of all the grilling I've done over the past few years, I'd never before grilled ribs of any kind, let alone a whole rack of ribs. After making a seasoning concoction I found online, I slapped these suckers on the grill and waited for around 75 minutes. I have now come to the conclusion that nothing is as easy to grill as ribs. The rack of ribs is pork and the remainder of the ribs are beef. Another conclusion: pork ribs are far better than beef ribs. My father agrees.
-
Funny story of the recipe: While looking online for a recipe for ribs that looked appealing, I came across the one I ended up using. After reading it and deciding to use it, I noticed that the author of the recipe had a hometown of Lima, OH. I then checked the profile and she now lives in Cairo, OH, which is very close to where Val grew up. Weird, that all the way down here I would just happen to find and decide to use a rib recipe from someone so near "home."

Please notice the Pampered Chef baster-thingie.
You women should be proud. =)

2 comments:

Rowen said...

Sounds yummy Adam! I was just reading your new Cayman Dining site, and was surprised at the easy availablity of Conch. These critters must be from BIG ones? Do you ever get them raw, so that you can prepare them at home? Just foreign to me, and interesting..

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure as to the availability to purchase it from vendors. I think some stands that are set up sell it, but so far I've stuck to purchasing it as restaurants. I'd love to try to make it myself, however, and may look into that. Several dishes that I've had it (marinated, escevitched) the conch itself is in a raw form, but supposedly the sauce mixture "cooks" it. Good stuff!