Monday, January 21, 2008

Youchie!!!


Just incase you are wondering...YES, it did hurt. I was using a very sharp knife Saturday evening and was cutting sweet potatoes to make fries. Adam and I were over at his parents house and we were just having a fine Saturday evening. I was cutting away and had just mentioned that I was afraid I was going to cut myself and that I'd better be careful. I was on my last potato when it happened. The pink stuff you see around my finger is "monkey blood." I'm not sure of the correct term for this stuff, but let me tell you, it STINGS. Ron and Becky use it all the time and used it on the boys when they were growing up, so they are used to it. They were saying stuff like, "yeah, it burns, but it makes it feel better." or "it's a good burn." I jumped like a child. This stuff stung like fire. I jerked as fast as it dripped on my finger. Then to my disappointment, it only covered most of the cut, so I had to suffer through another application. Needless to say, I lived, and the finger is doing much better. I'm hoping that the cut will heal soon and the fingernail will grow back properly.

5 comments:

Tamra said...

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!!!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Ok...you're taking after someone else I know ***LOL***! You'd better be careful!

Blair Bunch said...

That looks painful! BE CAREFUL!

Jana said...

Ouch, I'm sure that did hurt!! My mom use to have that "red stuff" :-) around the house. I would tell you the name but I have no idea how to spell it. I think my grandma was a believer in it also. Hope it works!!:-)

Sarah Cook said...

Ouch! Looks like a painful experience!