Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ash Wednesday Break

Greetings, friends and family! I am doing something very unusual with this post...not posting any pictures. However, I will post them once we get back down to our home in Cayman. We have had this whole week off of school for Ash Wednesday Break. We have been able to see much of our family and several friends on this trip. Our journey began on Saturday evening when we got on the airplane and headed for Chicago. We spent Sunday with Eric, Megan and Olivia and had a very nice time. Monday, a little after noon, we headed for Lima. The weather was horrible the whole way home. I guess I'd rather have extreme fog as opposed to icy roads, so I'd better be thankful. The trip took a little longer than expected plus we lost an hour, so we didn't get in til around 7pm. We spent the night at my parents house and enjoyed visiting with them, Granny, Greg, Steph, Ryan, Evan, Kaitlynn and Allison. On Wednesday, we headed for Cincinnati. We stopped in Franklin at Matt, Erika and Hannah Deuel's house for lunch. Erika is a great cook! I guess Matt helped with the prep stuff to, and all women know how much of a help that is! Hannah is such a little doll. We were glad to get to see them. We left there and continued our journey to Cincinnati to see Aaron, Lisa and Elliott. That night, Aaron, Sarah Ann, Maria, Michelle, Amy and I went to Starbucks. That is always a must at least one time when we go to a place that has one of those fine establishments! I was really glad I got to see Sarah Ann again before their baby comes. She is due March 23. I'm really looking forward to seeing this little one! Maria is my lifelong best friend, Amy is my old college buddy (with whom i miss having cookie dough and coffee) and Michelle was one of our students last year - fun times! This morning we met Grandma Yount for a breakfast at Bob Evan's. We enjoyed spending some time with her. We are now back in Lima for a couple of days and then will head back to Chicago to be with my brother and his family again on Saturday until we fly out Sunday morning. This is/has been such a good week - busy, but good. We have traveled many miles, seen many people and hugged many babies! That's always fun! Anyway, I hope I haven't bored you too much...I promise pictures will come...SOON!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made your blog. . . Oh yeah, I guess I was on there before (BOGO). It was so good to see you again, friend!! Adam, I am so disappointed that I wasn't important enough to see. See if I come all the way to visit you :-). Anyway, hope you have a safe trip back. Love ya bunches!!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey, I guess I'm a little behind in blog reading...anyway, it's good to see you posted! We had fun being with you. :)