Sunday, April 29, 2007

Thursday evening, I discovered that our basement was filling up with water. I was on my way downstairs to put in a load or five of laundry when I noticed water at the bottom of the stairs. "Not good," thought I, and began to investigate - from the staircase. Our entire basement floor was covered in about 4 or 5 inches of water. Not too horrible, I guess, but still bad for me and my basement. It had been raining for right around 40 days and nights by this time, so I was eagerly looking for a rainbow. The rain finally stopped that night some time, and thanks to some good friends (Steve and Nathan), my wife and I were able to move all of our belongings from the basement into the living room and pump the water to the outside.

In the now three days that have followed that eventful evening, I have determined that the water backing up into my basement is, in fact, poop. Or at least water with poop in it. Along with toilet paper, etc. Not nice at all. So, methinks I must do something about this tomorrow morning. Perhaps call my congressman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are just bad - really bad - no wonder the flood hit you