Sunday, November 18, 2007

HELP!

This coming Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) we are having a Staff Thanksgiving Supper. I have signed up for several things, one of which is a favorite dish. Favorite dish? It's not like I've been cooking forever for these things... how am I supposed to know what a favorite dish would be??? No one else had signed up for it, so I thought surely I could come up with something. I signed up for it intending to ask my mom what to do for it (still probably will), but I am hoping that some of you may have ideas of things that are quick and delicious. With Thanksgiving being an American holiday, most of Cayman doesn't celebrate it. Thus, we have school and get out at 3:00. I usually do the bus run with Adam and we don't get home until a little after 4. The dinner is at 6, so I don't have a ton of time....what should I do???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say make a bowl full of cookie dough!!!

Blair Bunch said...

Deviled Eggs! My favorite!!!!!!
-Melissa

Johnstown Albertsons said...

Can you get canned pumpkin? One of our favorites is easy:

9x13 cake pan
2C pumpkin, 4 eggs, 1.5C white sugar, 2tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 lg can of evaporated milk (Milnot if you can get it, 1 box yellow cake mix.

Mix all together and pour into a 9x13 pan. Crumble 1 box yellow cake mix over the top. Pour two melted stickes of oleo / margerine over the cake mix.

Bake at 350' for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick stuck in middle comes out clean.

Enjoy this year around!

Brenda said...

This recipe is delicious and it's pretty easy. It's a Chocolate Chip Dessert Cheeseball that you eat with graham crackers. So good!

1 8 oz bar cream cheese (softened)
1 stick butter (softened)
¼ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
½ cup chopped pecans

1. Mix the first 3 ingredients together until fluffy.
2. Then mix in the sugars.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Form a ball and cover with chopped pecans.
5. Refrigerate until hardened.
6. Serve with chocolate and regular graham crackers.

Very yummy!!